Oystercatcher is the perfect base for those wishing to visit St Ives as well as explore West Cornwall.
St Ives is a 5-minute drive or a 10-minute bus ride away, or take the scenic 3-minute train ride from Carbis Bay station. If you're feeling adventurous walk along the South West Coast Path into town — there are spectacular coastal views and it takes about 40 minutes.
The beautiful blue flagged beach at Carbis Bay is a 15-minute walk away.
There are some great restaurants not to be missed in walking distance of Oystercatcher.
How to find us
By Road: Oystercatcher is 2½ miles (4 kms) from the A30. Follow signs for St Ives A3074 and St Ives Bay Accommodation. We are on the left-hand side opposite the park in Carbis Bay. Our specific location can be found on Google Maps. There is free parking for all guests on the drive at the front of the house.
By Train: Change at St Erth on the mainline from London Paddington to Penzance and take a 5-minute taxi ride; or take the beautiful scenic branch line to St Ives and take a taxi from there.
By Coach: Regular National Express coaches from London and Bristol stop at St Erth train station.
Walking: We are half a mile (less than 1 km) from the South West Coast Path.
Things to Do
- Plan your walks at www.iwalkcornwall.co.uk
- Hayle is a 5 minute drive away and the RSPB say that the Hayle Estuary is one of the best places for wildlife in the UK
- Hop over to the Isles of Scilly
- Visit Penzance, home to many attractions, including the nearby famous St Michael's Mount
- Explore the vast number of ancient and historic sites of West Cornwall, along with dramatic beaches, cliffs and fishing villages.
- Explore the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site, including St Just, Britain's most westerly town.