Oystercatcher is the perfect base for those wishing to visit St Ives as well as explore West Cornwall.
St Ives is a 10-minute drive or a 30 minutes' walk away - if you're feeling adventurous take the South West Coast Path into town or the scenic train journey from Carbis Bay station.
The beautiful blue flagged beach at Carbis Bay is 500 meters away.
How to find us
By Road: Oystercatcher is 2½ miles (4 kms) from the A30. Follow signs for St Ives A3074 and St Ives Bay Accommodation. We are on the left hand side opposite the park in Carbis Bay.
By Train: Change at St Erth on the mainline from London Paddington to Penzance and take a 5 minute taxi ride; or take the beautiful scenic branch line to St Ives and take a taxi from there.
By Coach: Regular National Express coaches from London and Bristol have stops in Carbis Bay and St Ives.
Walking: We are half a mile (less than 1 km) from the South West Coast Path.
Things to Do
- Plan your walks at www.iwalkcornwall.co.uk
- Hayle is a 5 minute drive away and the RSPB say that the Hayle Estuary is one of the best places for wildlife in the UK
- Hop over to the Isles of Scilly
- Visit Penzance, home to many attractions, ranging from Ancient Monuments and Historic sites to dramatic beaches and cliffs to fishing villages.
- Explore the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site, including St Just, Britain's most westerly town.